QUICK TUTORING FACTS
The number of parents who hire private tutors for their children is increasing by about 15% annually.*
Students receiving at least four hours of tutoring per week showed a six-month gain in reading and a two-year gain in math. **
Tutored students performed higher on standardized test scores in the areas of mathematics and language arts. **
One-on-one tutoring has had the strongest positive effect on reading scores for students. **
Tutored students show greater school attendance. **
Students who were tutored twice a week for one hour sessions produced strong improvements in reading skills.***
Over 50% of the students successfully increased a full year of reading skills in comparison to a control group with similar characteristics who did not receive tutoring. ***
Tutored students increased an average of 2.1 grade levels over the year in comparison with non-tutored students who increased a 1.0 grade level. ***
Tutored students reported an increase in confidence and an improved attitude towards education.***
Source: Education Industry Association*
Source: California Research Bureau studies**
Source: The US Department of Education report ***
Request a free 15 minute consultation
Family Owned, Tutoring Experts with 25 Years Experience
Since 1991, Zamft Tutoring has helped high school and college students improve their standardized test scores, increase academic performance, and develop study skills for lifelong success. As a family business, we are deeply committed to helping each student meet their particular academic and test score goals, while elevating self-confidence for optimal success. Along with academic subjects, we specialize in tutoring students for the following tests: SAT l ACT l SSAT l ISEE l PSAT
1. Dr. Zamft's methods raise student's scores for more college and career opportunities;
2. Boost academic and test-taking confidence by reducing test-taking anxiety;
3. Increase chances of being accepted by their college of choice; and
4. Improve of receiving college grants and scholarships.
5. Acheiving a strong SAT or ACT score is not only a necessary step for college admissions, it is become essential for life-long career options. More and more companies are using SAT scores as part of the job application process. (The Wall Street Journal article “Job Hunting? Dig Up those Old SAT Scores”)
25 years of experience and proven success.
Owned by Dr. Zamft, an expert tutor, who holds a Ph.D. from Fordham University.
Specialize in test prep for the SAT, ACT, SSAT, ISEE and PSAT.
Extensive experience with high achieving students and those who learn differently.
Convenient location options including Skpe.
No contracts or long-term commitments.
Why Savvy Parents Hire Dr. Zamft for Test Prep
An investment in tutoring today pays big dividends tomorrow.
What makes us different from other tutoring services?
Give your child the gift of a brighter future. Call 914.548.4163 today!